We are seeking a Bridge Pastor to help guide our congregation during a time of actively searching for a called pastor. We are a small, stable and faithful congregation witnessing to Christ's grace and love in a growing suburban community outside of Milwaukee. We are multi-generational, with an active Christian education program, several mission & outreach programs, and dedicated musicians and committees.
Guide Faith as we seek to discern God's will, serve others, and call a new pastor. Candidates should expect the following job responsibilities:
- Prepare for and help to lead weekly Sunday morning worship and occasional special services.
- Administer some of the business of the church, including moderating the Session and fostering communication within the congregation.
- Provide pastoral care to our members as needed.
- Support the church leadership's efforts to implement changes resulting from our recent visioning process and Holy Cow assessment.
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Communicates openly and effectively.
- Is warm, welcoming, and shares a generous spirit.
- Is able to minister to and interact with children, youth and adults, including the elderly, and help the congregation grow as God leads us.
TIME COMMITMENT & COMPENSATION:
- Time commitment: 25-30 hours per week and serve for a period of up to one year beginning in September 2019. A Pastor Nominating Committee has recently been formed and is beginning its work.
- Compensation and benefits: will be based on Presbytery of Milwaukee minimum requisites and consideration of the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Presbytery minimum effective salary for 2019 is $47,819 for a 40-hour work week. These wages reflect an hourly rate of $22.99. Since the position is part-time, the effective salary may be calculated as a percentage or hourly rate of no less than $22.99/hour. Benefits, reimbursable expenses and time off are included.
Please contact Judy Bell by phone at 414.378.6437 and submit a Personal Information Form (PIF) or resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.