We began as a vacation Bible school in a house on Mangold Avenue, Faith Presbyterian Church is the little church with a big heart. The first church was built and dedicated on Nov. 17, 1933 at 2418 W. Mangold, with 24 charter members.
In 1960, land was purchased at 3800 W. Rawson Ave., and the cornerstone of the new church was laid on Oct. 21, 1962. The first service was held May 19, 1963, and the building was dedicated on Sept. 22 of the same year. We currently have about 100 members -- ranging in age from new born through late 80s.
Since the turn of the century, Faith has been active in mission beyond its doors. As part of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A), Faith is known for supporting mission projects. Each year, the members raise or collect thousands of dollars for national and international appeals. We also support a local Franklin school with school supplies, snacks, and books for all first graders; host a food cupboard in the church for those in need, collect over-the-counter medications for a free clinic, and try to answer the call for help when needed.
Faith values children and youth and offers outstanding Christian education classes with dedicated teachers.
We offer inspiring and uplifting worship services that combine both contemporary and traditional worship forms along with multicultural facets. Our choir and musicians provide music to enable us all to worship God more fully.
Faith Presbyterian Church is a congregation of:
We are also a member of the Covenant Network.