Pleasant View Elementary School: Faith supports this local elementary school in many ways:
- Collect school supplies to help students who are not able to purchase their own supplies.
- Collect Box Tops for Education
- Provide books for all first-grade students (to have as their very own)
- Provide snacks so kids without access to breakfast or supper have something to eat
Neighborhood Outreach Program: Faith works with several churches throughout the Eras Senior Network area to provide services to older adults in need of assistance. We also assist through our “Faith in Action” Sundays in the spring and fall to help clean the yards of the elderly in need.
Four Major Presbyterian Offerings: The four church-wide Special Offerings of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) are a collective witness to Jesus Christ's love for the whole church.
- One Great Hour of Sharing
- Peace and Global Witness Offering
- Pentecost Offering
- Christmas Joy Offering
Christ Church Toy Store: Faith provides toys and mittens to Christ Presbyterian Church for their annual toy store that supports neighborhood children at Christmas time.
Time of the Month Club (TMC): Women who are homeless still have their periods. In addition to having no place to live, worrying about their safety, looking after their children, and trying to put together a plan, homeless women, must find menstrual supplies. If they can't find them, then they are forced to go without or make do. This is embarrassing, humiliating, and unhealthy. Here's how you can help:
- Donate menstrual supplies at Faith's collection bin at the entrance of church.
- Donate money to TMC directly via PayPal.com to MilwaukeeTMC@gmail.com or via the Amazon TMC Wish List
- Follow them on Facebook
The Bread of Healing Clinic is a free clinic in Milwaukee which serves low-income people who experience barriers to accessing ongoing health care. The Rev. Dr. Barbara Horner-Ibler, a Presbyterian minister and Physician, is the clinic's medical director.
Faith receives regular donations of over-the-counter (OTC) drugs from our members and friends to donate to the clinic. These donations allow the clinic to use their money to purchase prescription drugs and other items needed to help those in need.
OTC Medications & Other Items the Clinic Needs:
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
- Ibuprofen (Motrin)
- Naproxen (Aleve)
- Ranitidine (Zantac)
- Famotidine (Pepcid Max)
- Omeprazole (Prilosec OTC)
- Topical creams: antifungal, steroid, and antibiotic
- Non-latex gloves
- Empty (orange) prescription bottles with their lids attached and labels removed.